6 Beauty Prods That Made My Year Way More Beautiful
I was lucky enough to try so many amazing new products this year, but only a few have made a lasting impression and have miraculous results. And the winners are…
1. AmorePacific’s Future Response Moisturizer ($295) While I love the entire product line, including the Time Response Overnight Mask and the Enzyme Peel, this singular product has transformed my once dry and blotchy skin into a moisturized, dewy paradise. Although I’ve had to layer on a little bit extra for winter, it is no doubt an addiction.
2. Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray ($13-33) My breakage prone dyed locks have started to thin, but Kenra’s high-shine yet weightless, tropical-smelling spray has given my hair an enviable health and weight that it so needed. I use it as a heat protector and also spray it on my hands to finish my ends.
3. Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara ($22.95) While this magic wand is not my everyday (for that, I love Tarte’s Amazonian Clay ($19)) it is superb. It doesn’t smudge, it layers on beautifully, and seriously imitates faux lashes. I can’t believe my own lashes are real! The only drawback is that it is extraordinarily time consuming and painstaking to remove it. But boy is it worth it.
4. Algenist Concentrated Restructuring Serum ($89.50) Talk about action packed. Algenist’s formula is so amazing for my acne-prone skin. Somehow, the serum made every little bump (and especially all the big ones) disappear in a matter of days while also making my skin so much tighter and plumper. It also lasts a long time – I used it everyday for two weeks but once I saw an improvement, I weaned off of it and found my bottle stretched over 4 months.
5. Fresh’s Brown Sugar Body Scrub ($68) I was gifted this amazing indulgence from a friend for my wedding but it will never ever ever leave my shower. Not only did it help alleviate my constantly dry and itchy skin, but it also left that supple glow that I didn’t know wasn’t possible. It doesn’t have the icky slip of baby oil, and it’s not as thick as coconut oil, and the sugary scrubbules melt away any dryness. I’m obsessed.
6. Jouer’s Creme Eyeshadow Crayon ($24) Hello smokey eyes! For years I’ve struggled with applying that smokey eye, but now that I’ve been introduced to Jouer’s new creme crayons, I can rock out a smokey eye with confidence anytime I want! They blend beautifully for subtle shades or layer magnificently for dynamic saturated color. I find them infinitely easier to use than Bobbi Brown, Make Up For Ever and Clinique’s cream shadows. I use Abstract (black) and Baroque (brown shimmer) constantly.
Did you stumble on a majorly amazing beauty prod this year? I want to know what it is! Tell me in the comments below.
MORE BEAUTY TIPS AND STYLE IDEAS:
3 amazing, life-changing brow tips from pro Joey Healey
Have you tried hair fragrance?
These beauty prods are perfect for summer (and vacay’s). Take a peek!
6 Beauty prods I use to help fake a “perfect” bod!
Why I think expensive makeup is worth it.
Ask me a question! Hit me up with style advice! CLICK HERE FOR ASK KIMMY!