Houghton RTW Fall 2012 is White Hot!
What an awesome debut. Designer Katherine Polk just showed off her very first Houghton collection and it was quite the clean start. A beautiful palette of cream, white, taupe, blush, and dove was visually stunning and entirely artsistic. She found contrast in fabrications and mixed strong tailoring with flowy organzas, defying any sort of Post-Labor Day rule. Take a peek at the full show on WWD.com.
L’Oreal Professionnel stylist Laura Polko rocked out some covetable waves. Absolutely love the classic style! Laura broke down the steps so you can get the same look at home (as you should if your hair permits, it’s gorgeous)!
- Create an extreme deep left side part and work in two golf ball sized amounts of L’Oréal Professionnel Mousse Volupté.
- Rough dry and use a round brush, holding parallel at the crown to part hair in an upward and over direction to the right (to create height)
- Section hair from ear to ear.
- Starting in back of hair, create 1 ½ – 2 inch sections.
- Position the 1 ½ inch barrel under the hair, spray with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 2 hairspray, and wrap hair over the iron, twisting it as you go.
- Curl both sides of the hair with the iron using an upward motion then release.
- Loosen curls with fingers.
- Set hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 2 hairspray.
- Make sure hair is tucked behind left ear, spray and then tuck again.